Hoyser Country Grill Scout Cookies
“If you know a little about the way we make records, you know that delicious coffee and homemade cooking is a very important piece of the puzzle. We wanted to create something both out of the box yet familiar enough to pair with our Hoyser Country Blend Coffee and we couldn’t find any recipes online for cookies on the grill! With the help of a Firedisc Cooker and a few simple ingredients, we’d like to introduce the Grill Scout Cookie!”
Claudia Hoyser and Tony Gross
Makes about 12
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Hoyser Country Blend ground coffee (or other high quality coffee)
4 tablespoons shortening or butter, slightly softened (We used Crisco)
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
Semi Sweet Chocolate Sweetened Coconut flakes Pistachios or nuts of some kind
- Mix dry ingredients together; flour, sugar, ground coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. Beat egg and add vanilla to the egg. Combine shortening to dry ingredients. Add beaten egg and mix with fork until mixture begins to clump. Finish with hands until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and all the ingredients are combined.
- Light and preheat Firedisc on low.
- Make dough balls approximately 1” around, then flatten in the palm of your hand until uniform height and about 2.5” wide.
- Coat Firedisc surface with shortening (this helps define the gradient heat.)
- Place flattened cookie dough on the first perimeter area outside the center “hot zone,” turning cookies every minute, for about 10 minutes total (until rich golden color.)
- After last turn place desired semi sweet chocolate nubs on the cookies to soften.
- Once the chocolate softens, remove cookies from Firedisc grill top and place on plate and press sweetened coconut flakes and nuts into the softened chocolate .
- Let cool and enjoy with a great cup of Hoyser Country Blend Coffee (recommended!)